The Shure Beta 58A is a high output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording. It has become a leading choice among vocalists and touring professionals worldwide.
Designed for professional sound reinforcement and project studio recording Shure Beta 58A high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal microphone is a great choice for vocalists and touring professionals. Maintaining a true supercardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, the Beta 58A insures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration. It has a shaped frequency response that is ideal for close-up vocals. And its rugged construction, proven shock mount system, and hardened steel mesh grille make it great for use on the stage.
The Shure Beta 58A vocal microphone.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz): Open Circuit Voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa* (2.6 mV) *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z Phasing. Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
- Case: Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished, spherical steel mesh grille.
- Adjustable, Stand Adapter: Slip-in microphone mounting, unbreakable, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8″-27 thread, black finish.
- Weight: 9.92 ounces